The East Mecklenburg High School Band Program is dedicated to the philosophy that every student in the program should be given the opportunity to experience every facet of a quality musical education including solo performance, group performance, music theory, and music history. The goal of the program is to offer every component of a well-rounded musical experience and ultimately allow all graduates to be able to feel that music has been and will continue to be an important part of their lives.
The East Mecklenburg High School Band is under the directorship of Christopher Moreau. The band has an impressive resume that includes superior ratings, 1st place rankings in marching competitions and grand championships.
The East Mecklenburg Band Booster Club is a non-profit organization that supports the band director and students. Our dedicated group works behind the scenes to support the students and staff in all band activities, such as chaperoning events, proving snacks/refreshments at competitions, organizing varoius fundraisers and hosting the end-of-year banquet.
The purchase of a booster membership helps supports our band program. The annual dues for active members are $5.00 per member or $10 per family. To join……
Activites / Schedule
Students participate in activities, such as:
- Football games (national anthem and halftime show)
- Matthews Alive Parade
- Fall marching competitions
- Fundraising events
A typical schedule is:
- August: Before school starts, 2 week band camp
- August – October: Band practices after school
- August – November: band plays at all home football games
- September: Matthews Alive Parade
- October: Competitions on Saturday
- October – November: Fruit Sale
- December: Class Party and Concert
- March/April: Music Performance Assessment (MPA)
- April: Spring trip (if scheduled)
- May: Spring Concert and Banquet
- May: Minicamp