It’s important that you eat breakfast every morning so that you have energy throughout the day. For breakfast, try to include:
- Protein (such as eggs, peanut butter on toast, or ham/sausage)
- Good carbs (toast, non-sugary cereal)
- Fruit or fruit juice
- Try to stray away from milk/dairy because it won’t make you feel good when you’re outside.
For lunch, make sure to either bring a lunch, or money for neighboring restaurants (which many people walk to during our break since it’s down the street). Include protein in your lunch.
- Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing. No sandals or flip flops!
- Wear sunscreen or a hat for protection from the sun.
- Bring plenty of water. You can bring a refillable bottle or Camelback. Bottles of water (25 cents) will also be for sale in the band room.
- Have fun. Do not worry if it takes you a while to catch on. The older students have been where you are, and they will help you learn what to do!
Have fun. Do not worry if it takes you a while to catch on. The older students have been where you are, and they will help you learn what to do!